Ford has just designed the Ford F-22 F-150 Raptor Concept based on the U.S. Air Force’s Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor fighter jet for auction at AirVenture Oshkosh…and there by combining the attributes of the world’s finest high-performance machines in the air and on the ground. The one-off truck fetched $300,000 for the Experimental Aircraft Association Gathering of Eagles.
Some of you may not know, but Ford has raised more than $3 million for the annual event since 2008 by creating collector’s edition vehicles, with Ford F-22 F-150 Raptor the highlight offering at the 2017 gala.
The Ford F-22 F-150 Raptor Conceptwas purchased by Gary Ackerman of Gaudin Ford in Las Vegas, Nevada. The vehicle has found the perfect home in that Ackerman serves as Honorary Commander/Ambassador for the United States Airforce’s F-22 Squadron at Nellis Airforce Base in Nevada.
Ford design manager Melvin Betancourt and Ford Performance led design and engineering of the Ford F-22 F-150 Raptor Concept. “Our job – both in the air and on the ground – is to intimidate the competition,” said Betancourt. “The money we raised will enable Young Eagles to reach for the skies as well.”
F-150 Raptor is already a high-performance off-road truck, delivering 450 horsepower and 510 lb.-ft. of torque with an exclusive Terrain Management System. In the F-22 they have upped the output of the Whipple-intercooled, high 3.5-liter twin-turbo EcoBoost® to 545 horsepower and 660 lb.-ft. of torque.
“Few things are as streamlined, as gloriously intimidating as the shape, metallic color and sinister speed a fighter jet represents,” said Brad and Doug DeBerti, DeBerti Design. “The simple, extreme functionality of the cockpit alone proved inspiring, prompting the team to create matte finishes, purposeful gauges, controls for ready proximity and dramatic LED lighting for the instrument panel.”
Key features of the Ford F-22 F-150 Raptor Concept include:
- Modified Addictive Desert Design front suspension and bump stop kit
- Deaver rear spring pack to provide a smooth, progressive suspension
- Fox bypass series shocks with adjustable compression and rebound valving to customize damping for on-road and off-road use
- Innov8 Racing custom forged beadlock wheels with Falcon Wildpeak tires
- Upgraded Alcon six-piston painted calipers, oversized rotors, high-friction pads
- Modular off-road 1.3-million candela LED lighting system by KC Hilites
- Kicker audio system with 1,500 watts of amplification
- Unique Sherwin-Williams exterior paint integrating F-22 Raptor jet cues including titanium grille with front silhouette of the aircraft; jet cues featured on the interior as well
- Amp Research power retracting steps
- DeBerti two-tire, gas and ProEagle jack holder
- LineX sprayed bedliner
- All-stainless-steel cat-back Borla exhaust system with carbon fiber tips
- DeBerti carbon fiber fender flares, hood and fender vents
- Paint hand-cut and polished to a mirror finish by Independent Detail
However, no artillery or missiles have been added to the list though!